Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Faith

Andy asked me to share a testimony on faith at Youth Service, so I thought about it a while & here's my thoughts on it:

In 1 Peter 1:7 it says:
"That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ"

God tests us to see how much faith we have. The tests we go through often seem like they'll kill us bring honour to God. When we come out of a storm, not only is our faith made stonger, but God gets honour in us doing it. Sometimes when I go through things, I only think of myself.
God not only cares that I make it though a storm, He wants me to keep the faith, be cheerful, & trust Him through it. When I do this, it brings Him glory & honour.

UPDATE:
I didn't actually talk about this. About 1 minute before time to talk I decided that I should concentrate more on faith. It's still a good point, but it's not so much about faith as faith bringing glory to God.

No comments: