Monday, January 28, 2008

Who is it? - (Or, I don't recognize my own dad)

Yeah its my dad. No, I didn't recognize him either.


What he used to look like.

Dad with Josh, Tim and I on Sunday.


WHAT ON EARTH?

Such an interesting story.
After I shaved my head, we were all talking. Someone was like, "Dad, you ought to shave your beard. We've never seen you without it." (he hasn't shaved for 25 years). And then someone else was like "I'd give $50 to see that." And someone else said "I'd give $20." Dad was like "No way, I might do it for $500. Later he changed it: "$1000, and I'll give it to the church." Later he added "It has to be above regular tithes and offerings, otherwise it'd be cheating". So somehow it got around to our pastor Anthony Wynn. So, Sunday morning he anounced it in church. Sunday night Dad came in a little late without a beard. He sat in the back. Most people didn't recognize him. He looks that different. I was upstairs finishing up the live video stream when someone told me about it. I saw him first from the back. He looked normal. Then I saw him from the side and front. I was in complete shock, eyes bulging, mouth open, breathing heavily. This wasn't Dad. Yet I knew it was. After the service Brother Anthony got the kids to say what they had thought. Seth said, "Now I know why he shaved his beard. Or rather, why he had one." Leah said she didn't believe it was him, even after someone pointed him out. I simply said, "It'll grow." Yeah it's a shock.

No comments: