Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Who I Am

A long time ago, someone was preaching, and asked the question, "Who am I"?


It's kind of a complicated question with a million parts. Three word question, answer of which could be almost endless.


First there's the obvious: I am Nathaniel Libbey. But does a name explain who I am? Uh, nope..


In Looks: white (can't tan worth a flip, doesn't bother me), a tad short (which doesn't bother me in the least), neither thick nor thin (honestly I couldn't gain weight if I tried), light brown headed, brown eyed, size 10.5 feet.


In Personality: slightly too joking, sometimes too talkative, easily forgiving, occasionally moody, 99% trustworthy, 1% awful, overly protective, slightly shy (although often hidden), sometimes blunt, avoidful of confrontation, perfectionist in areas, slack in others, recovering from a lifetime of procrastination and disorganization (I've turned into a neat freak to avoid being a messy person).


In Things People Call Me: son, brother, uncle, friend, salesperson/marketer/webmaster/semi-manager/garbage person, Pentecostal/Apostolic/Christian/Buddhist(j/k).


In Things I Love: Jesus, people!, shoes (yeah I know), great websites, exciting sports (aka football), sweet cars, amazing drumsets, I Need a Savior, Firehouse Subs, Taco Bell, metal roofing (OK maybe love is too strong a word for it, but I enjoy the industry), Butterfingers, chocolate, MILK, chocolate milk, circus peanuts (although I still don't know why they are orange colored, banana flavored, marshmallow textured, and peanut shaped), A Walk to Remember, Google, snowboarding.


In Education: home schooled, Associates in Business at Cleveland State CC.


In Marital Status: secretly married (darn, did I give that away).


In Family: I have a large family, including 13 brothers and sisters, and a huge number of aunts uncles, brother-in-laws, sister-in-laws, nieces, and nephews. (I am the favorite uncle for 95% of my nieces and nephews) (or at least that is the plan).


In Associations: Church-Landmark Church, Church-Miracle Deliverance Tabernacle, Work-Best Buy Metals, Band-Relevant Noise aka PS66.

And yet after all that, I've probably not described 1% of who I am. And I reckon that's how God wanted it. After all, if you could really describe a person in just words, they would probably be a very simple person.

God is awesome. Imagine how boring life would be if we were like everyone else. In His infinite wisdom, He created us each incredibly unique.

8 comments:

Esther said...

N8,

You are thin. Not skinny, but thin.

Tell your wife I said hi.

Your band has a name now. How nice.

Esther said...

PS: I like this. Its been forever since you've posted actual words rather than just vids and pictures.

Nathan L. said...

Ha! You can't see my ribs, and I have fat rolls (small ones)

My wife says hi back :)

Yeah I've a little more time on my hands now, so you might see a little more of this.

(Well, not likely like this, but at least with more words.)

Esther said...

My people laughed heartily when I told them you think you have fat rolls.

Nathan L. said...

Who are "your people"?

and HOW DARE THEY LAUGH!!!

j/k

Esther said...

Was just talking about my carpool people who were in the van with me when I received your comment via text: Jeff, Josh, Tim & Elijah.

Sharon said...

Y'all have way too much time on your hands! Hehe!

Nathan L. said...

possibly.