Monday, April 05, 2010

Thought I Had It

When I was 7, I went to a campmeeting. There I got the Holy Ghost. Or at least I thought I did, and told my family so. But it was a little fuzzy at the time, with a lot of people standing around, laying hands on me, shaking me a bit, etc...

Anyways best I can guess, either I convinced myself that I had the Holy Ghost, or someone else there convinced me. Since then I've never spoken in tongues.

So basically... two possibilities.

A. I got the Holy Ghost, and I just can't remember the details. (Those that know me probably know that I remember almost nothing from my childhood. My memory has gotten better over time, but I'm not sure why most of my childhood is gone, even important details.)

B. I never really got the Holy Ghost, instead I wanted it but convinced myself / let other people convince me that I had it. This is almost certainly what happened, best I can tell.

So anyhow, now you know something you didn't know. And I feel better already about having said it.

BTW, I've never told anyone this before, and didn't quite want to admit it to myself or others, but hey, they say confession is good for the soul.

1 comment:

Amy Lizzy said...

Confession is good for ourselves, but for others too. Sometimes people just need us to be honest and realistic with them. In turn, they may find the freedom to be who they really are. Confession is a good thing.